Since you're reading this, there's a high chance that you're a parent of a young child. You're thinking of starting a business. But what can you do with little ones to care for? Actually, there are more opportunities than you think.
- Virtual Assistant - Helps others run their business by taking care of administrative tasks. Tasks may vary: answering emails, making phone calls, posting to a blog. But it's often a nice at-home job that you can do during the kids' nap time.
- Blogger - Lots of people are making money by blogging. It's not a fast road to riches, but it can be very fulfilling if you blog about a topic that's close to your heart.
- Photographer - Birthday parties, weddings and community events need photographers. Evenings and weekends are a typical time for these events. You can often work while your partner handles childcare.
- Reseller on Amazon - Take advantage of buying low and selling high. If you find a pair of designer sneakers on sale for $40, you may be able to sell them on Amazon for $80 or more. This is best done in multiples: think 100 Lego sets, 200 toothbrushes, 20 pairs of sunglasses.
- Pet Sitter - It will surprise you how many people need dog walkers, cat companions and the like for their pets. You can do rounds early and late, so one parent is home with the kids. Or, do them during the day while they're away from home.
- Child Care Provider - Who wouldn't love to get paid to do what they already do for free? See if a few neighbors need quality, local child care and offer your services. Find out your local and state laws to stay in compliance with safety. You may need to obtain certain certificates and licensing.
- Tailor - Have a knack for hemming jeans or patching sweaters? Let friends and family know you're available. Work with wedding and party supply vendors to get referrals to do formal wear.
- Freelance Writer - Businesses, magazines and newspapers need content written daily. They hire freelancers to help with the overflow. Find potential clients by doing a Google search for "freelance writing jobs."
- Sell Original Creations on Etsy - Thousands of parents are making money by selling on Etsy. What makes this platform unique is that the seller makes the items.
Check with your insurance provider to see if you need business insurance for your ventures. In most cases, a form of insurance can benefit your profits and personal liabilities. Even though it is an expense if something were to ever go wrong, it's a worth every penny. Call us for a Dallas business insurance quote at 888-751-7511