Itching to hit the road on your motorcycle before the weather cools? Although road tripping can be a fun adventure, making sure your motorcycle is in top condition before heading out should be a priority. It’s important to make sure you have what you need for your bike, and a good motorcycle insurance policy that will protect your interests while on the road. Here are a few tips for preparing your bike for the journey.
- Motorcycle fluids: It’s important to get your oil changed on a regular basis, as well as the other fluids that help your bike run properly.
- Spark plugs and wires: Check the spark plugs and all the wires to ensure your motorcycle is running top condition.
- Belts and Cables: All your cables and belts should be inspected and changed as needed to make sure you don’t have any surprises while on the road. One of the worst things that can happen is a belt snapping in the middle of your trip.
- Battery: Check your battery before hitting the road. If it’s over two years old, you should consider replacing it to prevent getting stuck on the side of the road.
- Brakes: Your brakes are one of the most important things you need when riding. Not only should you check them, but drive around and test them to determine whether or not they are sticking or squeaking.
- Tires: Your tires should be in top condition. If they are worn or you have had them for a while, it may be time to replace them.
These are just a few things you can do to make sure your motorcycle is ready for your excursions. Make sure to perform these maintenance steps and have fun on the open road!
Make sure your coverage is up to date. Call La Familia Insurance at (888) 751-7511 for more information on Dallas motorcycle insurance.